4/5/09

Spreading the Happy

Two posts in one day...I'm making up for missing most of the weekend. ;)

You know, there are really no shortage of blogs like this on the web. Every few days I run across another one. Each has their own little spin. Operation NICE is an especially great blog, for example. Seeing these various blogs remind me of a couple of things. First, that we're all truly hungry for some hope, especially right now. We're bombarded every day with what's wrong with the world. But also, I think it shows how rewarding it is to do this, as a blogger. To spread the happy. It's not just some kind of public service--it's personally fulfilling. It uplifts my spirit to find these little tidbits of silliness or hope, and it's just icing on the cake to get to pass them on.

Here's a story (which I first saw on Operation Nice), that is another inspiring example what an impact we can have, just by trying to do some small gesture for someone else.

http://lovely-little-things.blogspot.com/2009/03/random-acts-of-kindness.html

Really, I should be thanking all of you who read this blog...it gives me a reason to focus on these happy little things every day. You all are making my day better, too. :)

2 comments:

  1. "Finding Happy" is a fabulous blog. It truly delivers on its promise. I'll be hanging with you as long as you keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story...I wouldn't have to take a break from the evening news as often if they did stories like this. Pie R Square

    ReplyDelete